Saturday, March 13, 2021
$500 CASH PRIZE!
This years' event will move to a virtual experience!
· Register with Ravenna Parks and Rec before March 13, 2021
· Registration includes a Finishers medal, a goodie bag and one entry into the $500 Grand Prize!
· Walk or run 3.1 miles from any location you choose, including roads, trails, treadmills, at the gym or even another race from anywhere in the world. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, at your own time.
· The week of March 7th Parks and Rec will have Facebook challenges– so be sure to take pictures as you walk/run, and get ready to submit them to Ravenna Parks and Rec’s Facebook page for a chance to win door prizes!
· Look for other opportunities on our website and on Facebook for to additional entries for the Grand Prize. All entries must be registered.
· On March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) we will be announcing the winners of the door prizes and the winner of the Grand Prize on Facebook Live!
· Medals, prizes, goodie bags and t-shirts (additional charge paid no later than 2/27/21) will be ready for pick up after March 17th at the RAC.
The history behind this memorial Event stems from Marlene Watt who was an advocate for the youth in our community by serving as the secretary at Carlin Elementary School and frequently giving of her own recourses to families in need.
All proceeds from the Marlene Watt Memorial Event will go towards the Ravenna Parks and Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund. Since the inception of the Ravenna Parks and Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund many children have been able to attend camp, sports and other great activities who could not have otherwise afforded to do so. The importance of youth recreation can't be over stated. Recreational activities help develop decision-making skills, cooperative behaviors, positive relationships and empowerment. They learn to act fairly, plan proactively, and develop a moral code of behavior. This play also helps enhance their cognitive and motor skills. Participants tend to be more active, accepting, calm, resourceful, attentive and cooperative. Recreation also provides children the chance to learn, consolidate, and practice the skills necessary for life.
Thank you for investing in the youth of our communities
Look for other fun give-a-ways and contest throughout the year on our Facebook Page